Center for Family Psychiatry P.C. is a REMs certified treatment center for Spravato!
- SPRAVATO™ is taken with a daily oral antidepressant
- You administer SPRAVATO™ nasal spray yourself under the supervision of a healthcare professional at a certified SPRAVATO™ treatment center
- SPRAVATO™ is taken twice a week for the first four weeks
- After the first four weeks, SPRAVATO™ is taken once a week for a month
- After this, SPRAVATO™ is usually taken either once a week or once every two weeks
A healthcare professional will monitor you for at least two hours. You won’t be able to drive or operate machinery that requires you to be completely alert until the next day, following a restful sleep. So you’ll need to plan for rides on treatment days.
Is SPRAVATO™ right for you?
If you’ve struggled with depression and tried two or more antidepressants¶ in your current episode without adequate relief, talk to your doctor to see if you have treatment-resistant depression. Ask your doctor if SPRAVATO™ may be an option for you.
¶Of adequate dose and duration.
Preparing for Treatment
You’ll need to plan for rides to and from the certified SPRAVATO™ treatment center as you should not drive or operate machinery until the day after a treatment session, following a restful sleep. You may want to bring a book, a relaxing playlist or another form of entertainment for the session because your doctor will monitor you for at least two hours after treatment.
Some patients taking SPRAVATO™ may experience nausea or vomiting. You should avoid eating two hours before and drinking liquids 30 minutes before taking SPRAVATO™.
If you take a nasal corticosteroid or nasal decongestant medicine, take these medicines at least one hour before taking SPRAVATO™.